Now is certainly an exciting time to enter the job market, with so many booming sectors that all require skilled people, which means there are lots of choices for the career-minded person. New and innovative tech is everywhere, and with that in mind, here are a few sectors that you might like to consider as you prepare for further education.
- Machine Learning – Another term for AI, machine learning is the future and if you like computing, this could be the career for you. The rollout of 5G will support AI, as it manages many of our systems and with every digital device on the planet connected, there is no limit to what can be achieved. Giant corporations like Google and Microsoft are already using AI to run its algorithms and once the Internet of Things is launched, this will be a platform for all digital devices. If you are interested in writing code, most UK universities will have courses directly related to machine learning and you can get the right degree that will open the doors to a successful career.
- White Glove Logistics – Another booming sector, the white glove logistics industry transports and installs hi-tech equipment across a wide range of industries, which include banking, the medical sector and retail businesses. Talk to a leading company such as Rhenus High Tech, where there are exciting career prospects for anyone who is technically minded. This is very challenging work, as you can imagine when transporting a huge MRI scanner and positioning it into its final location, not to mention installation and setting up the equipment, ready for testing.
- Blockchain Developer – Blockchain is a new and innovative way to store data that seems to be hack-proof; digital currencies such as Bitcoin run on a blockchain platform, which is a decentralised open ledger system. Of course, you would need some intensive training, but if you have a good brain and enjoy the challenges of writing code, this is a future sector with almost unlimited potential. Governments around the world will store citizen data on a blockchain’ aspects such as date of birth, qualifications, intellectual property rights and even land ownership, which means there will be a huge demand for blockchain developers. If you are a budding entrepreneur, here are some startup funding tips from the pros.
- Fitness & Health – You could study to become a qualified personal trainer and we all know how popular it is to hire such a professional to achieve your fitness goals. There are fitness instructor institutions in the UK that offer online courses like the Level 3 Personal Training Diploma, which allows you to work as a personal trainer. Meet lots of people and help them to achieve their fitness goals in this rewarding and well-paid career.
- Robotics – If you like building things, why not learn how to make complex robots that are used in manufacturing?3D printing is a real game changer and merging with AI offers unlimited potential, with other industries also using robots, such as the medical sector. Here is some government information on robotics and artificial intelligence, which is an informative read.
The above are just some of the exciting industries that you could consider as a career and make sure you choose something that you enjoy, as this will motivate you to become successful.